Minato Noodles

I went sledding at Mount Rose and wanted some soup to help me warm up, so I went to Minato Noodles! This is a Japanese noodle shop, so you'll be able to get Ramen and Udon. There's also the usual appetizers (gyoza, chicken karaage...) and a few things I've never seen before like udon noodles in cream sauce (I think it's their take on pasta.)


I got the curry udon. On the menu it said that it was traditional japanese style curry with udon noodles. When it came to the table, one of my friends turned to me and said, "that's not japanese style curry" and while it isn't, it was still pretty darn good. I liked this a lot and ate the entire thing! The noodles were very good and overall, I think that I'd order this again! 

The people I was with ordered tonkotsu ramen and the tempura udon. The tonkotsu looked good, and the bowl was empty when we left, so I think it's safe to say that it was pretty good. The tempura udon looked very good as well! I probably would order that next time because they all really liked it!

Honestly, there's not a lot of good ramen/udon places in Reno (at least that I've found), so I definitely recommend this place. Is it as good as the udon places in Hawaii? Definitely not! And I'd much prefer the curry udon from Marukame Udon (read my review here) over this one, but it's pretty good considering we're in Reno of all places!

If you've eaten at Minato Noodles let me know your thoughts! Also, don't forget to follow this blog on bloglovin to be notified when new posts go live!
-Sisi




Comments

Popular Posts