Lan Su Chinese Gardens


The Lan Su Chinese Gardens is one of the most authentic Chinese gardens outside of China itself. It is located in downtown Portland in the Chinatown district and is about a block away from the Chinatown Max station. I visited the Chinese Gardens and thought that I'd share some pictures and my thoughts with you. 



Portland can by quite rainy, and the day that I visited was no exception. It was insanely rainy, but the good thing about the garden is that there are places within it to wait out the rain. There's also a tea house that has snacks as well, although I didn't have a chance to check that out. The garden is quite small, but it is so spectacular. Everything from the plants to the layout of the stones on the ground itself is so perfect and beautiful. The water features were so cool and everything gave the gardens a serene vibe. They do have guided tours, but just wandering and exploring was good enough for me. 


Now let's talk price. Admission into the garden is $9.50 for adults, but $7 for college students with a school id or for children under 18. I don't know if this is particularly worth it, because while it was gorgeous and incredible, it was quite small and that price point seems a little steep. That is a decision that you're going to need to make for yourself, although I highly suggest paying the admission once just to experience the gardens for yourself. 

Have you been to the Lan Su Chinese gardens before? If you have, let me know your thoughts on it in the comments below!
-Sisi




Comments

Popular Posts