Homage Bakery

Last month, I went to Homage with my grandparents for lunch. I thought that I had done a review on this blog, but I hadn't, so I thought that I'd do a little review for you!


Homage is located at 519 Ralston Street, which is such a great location. It is walking distance from both the University and downtown, and is only a ten minute walk through some residential areas. The cafe itself is so cute because it looks like a house. Inside, there's a room where you order, but then you can sit in any of the other rooms in the house or at some tables outside. We went at 1:30, so a bit after peak lunch time, but it was still pretty crowded. 




Okay, so let's talk about the food. Homage is known for their individual chicken pot pies (in the second picture, it's the farthest left). My grandpa ordered it and he ate it all, so I'm gonna assume that it was pretty good. Just a note, they only have a set amount of these made daily, so go early if you want one! I had the oven roasted turkey sandwich and it was so good! It was kind of huge, so I took half of it back to my dorm. But it was really good and it had cranberries and some good brie cheese, and it was super delicious. My grandma got the quiche. I think the flavors change daily, and I'm not sure what hers was (I think it may have had sundried tomatoes?) but she really liked it and ate it all! The salad that came with all of ours was ridiculously good too! It had cranberries and seeds for texture and complimented the dishes perfectly. 

Funnily enough, none of us got coffee, although I know that this place does bomb latte art. I got a lemonade and my grandma got an iced tea, and that was good, but I have to go back to try the actual coffee. 

Homage is really awesome, and if you're looking for a reasonably priced place to grab a cup of coffee, brunch or lunch, definitely go here! Let me know in the comments if you've eaten here and your thoughts on the restaurant!
-Sisi



Comments

Popular Posts