Wanderlust: Pamplona, Spain

Guys, I'm having serious wanderlust right now. The Festival of San Fermin began earlier this week, which is a nine day festival that contains the encierro (or the running of the bulls). 

When I was a Junior in high school, I read The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemmingway, which really influenced me. I think that it's probably one of my favorite books I've ever read. The book takes place during the festival and it really inspired me to travel there. 



I've been watching the encierro every single day on Esquire and it's been amazing. I feel like it'd be an incredible experience to run it one day (unless you're trampled or gored or something like that), but I would be really content to just watch the run from the balcony or streets. 

This is a huge event, so there's plenty of partying and drinking during San Fermin. This isn't just some rave though, I feel like it's somewhat of a cultural thing too because you're partying it up with people from all over Spain and from other countries. I feel like this is one of the few event where there's camaraderie because everyone's drinking and everyone's wearing the same thing. 




The food is also supposed to be really good! I've heard there's a lot of Michelin starred restaurants in the Pamplona region. I'm a huge foodie so to be able to have really good food in a beautiful place would be amazing. 

I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to travel to Pamplona, but I know that sometime during my life I'll make the journey there. Let me know in the comments if you like these "Wanderlust" posts and I'll do them on other cities! Also, please follow my blog on bloglovin!
-Sisi
Follow *pictures aren't mine, click on image to see source!


Comments

Popular Posts