Uncle's Fish Market and Grill

There's few places better to get good seafood in Hawaii than pier 38. It's home to the fish auction and amazing restaurants like Nico's and Uncle's. Today we're going to be talking about the latter as it's one of my absolute favorite restaurants. 

It's located in Pier 38, which is pretty central and really close to downtown. If you're familiar with streets, it's off Nimitz Highway and is really easy to get to. There is plenty of parking and when I went (Sunday lunch), it was pretty empty and there wasn't any wait. 



The specialty here is fish. And there are a ton of options! When I was younger I would get the fish and chips, which are always super delicious, but the last time I went I got the sushi bowl. It comes with sushi rice at the bottom, salmon roe, ahi, salmon, spicy ahi, hamachi, and fried calamari. It was a huge serving and was so delicious! Everything was so fresh and the calamari was really, really, good. My mom got the fresh steamed clams and bread. It was so delicious and was cooked perfectly (no rubbery clams here!) But really, everything is delicious and I haven't eaten anything I disliked here! If you want to see the full menu, click here. 

The one thing about this place is that it isn't cheap. But if you're looking for a nice meal with good food for a special occasion or if you need to treat yo self, then this place is perfect. I won't be home in Hawaii for another four months, but this was the best "last meal" before returning to the land of instant noodles, fried foods, and potatoes (aka college). 

Let me know if you've been here before and what you've thought of it in the comments!
-Sisi

Comments

Popular Posts