Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Mount Rose Ski Tahoe

During Winter, 2015 I went skiing for the first time at Mount Rose Ski Tahoe. I was on vacation in Reno looking at colleges and my family and I went to Mount Rose (which isn't actually located on Mount Rose ironically) to go skiing. 



First off, let me say that this place is crazy busy! The first day we made the mistake of getting there late, which forced us to spend a good chunk of our day waiting in lines. If you can, try to get there early the first day, especially if you're going to be renting equipment. Also, we came during winter break, so it was just a crowded period in general. But there was fresh snow pretty much every day, so that was nice. 



I had never skied before, so I can't really give a good review on the slopes or anything like that. I will say, however, that the people working there are super helpful if you're a beginner and that there's a lot of slopes that are fun and easy (like the Ponderosa one!)



My sister was six when we were up there, so we enrolled her in a class. She really enjoyed it and had lots of fun, and there was plenty of individual attention. She had the freedom to go down bunny hills by herself, but was always really safe. 

As this was my time skiing, I can't really rate it, but I will say that if you're staying in Reno and want to go skiing, this is the place to do it! It was less than an hour away and was absolutely gorgeous!

Have you been to Mount Rose? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!
Safe Skiing, 
Sisi
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment